Why it’s Important
Database security is very essential and important in any type of business today. All industries around the world have to keep their business and assets safe from prying eyes and especially hackers. The use of database security is using controls of information security through a broad range that defends the database. By using a remote DBA the system can easily be controlled and constructed so that the whole database is protected. There are many different things that can harm a business if a type of security is not in place. These include:
• Misuse by people who do not have the authority to access the database or certain files that are contained on the database.
• Viruses and malware that are infectious and can cause major damage or deletion of a database or certain parts of it.
• Design flaws that are accustomed in the data management causing the database to crash.
• Damage from Mother Nature such as floods or building fires.
• Mistakes made by employees that can damage the files in the database.
Database Activity Monitoring
Database Activity Monitoring or DAM is often done by watching the traffic that goes through the database (through a network) or watching each server individually. This is where SQL server consulting comes into play.
How It Is Done
The process of database security can be done in a number of ways. A remote DBA can use the network to scan and ensure that everything is running correctly and as it should. Many things have been put into effect for controlling the security such as passwords and encryption as well as forensic databases such as the use of a thumb print or a retina scan. These types of security measures, ensure the safety of the business and its assets.